SRC races on Thursdays on the Sugarbush NASTAR course, located on the Racer’s Edge trail. The race format is giant slalom, dual course. Each racer must race one run on each course.
The course is dedicated to the club on Thursdays, and the club race runs from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Racing begins in January and ends in March.
Once a year, we run a feature race on the Legends Arena course, which is set up on the skier’s right of the Spring Fling course. This race is scheduled for February 16, this year.
Racers should register with the NASTAR web site and have a NASTAR number. Registration is free and takes minutes.
Please click the race fees tab at the top of this page.
The SRC will use the NASTAR scoring and reporting system. Racers can log onto nastar.com and see how they rank nationwide against other racers in their age group and race category.
Additionally, the club has an internal club handicap system that is used for club awards and bragging rights. Internal club scoring applies to both individuals and club teams. For details on the internal club handicapping system please click the handicap scoring tab at the top of this page.
In the case of race cancellation or postponement:
- You will receive an email from SRC advising of cancellation or postponement.
- The club members who will be set up in Gate House lodge to collect “day of” race registrations will be notified and will know the race status of the day.
- Lincoln Peak Guest Services will announce over the Gate House loudspeaker system if the race is cancelled. Please do NOT call Guest Services to ask about race status, thanks.
- The home page has a new “Tweet” banner section that will be updated with the race status. If you are a Twitter user, follow @sugarbushrc and you’ll receive the tweets directly as well.
- The assumption is that parties will go on regardless of racing, but the notifications will also indicate that.